Monday, November 16, 2009

Rose Quarter Comic Book Show




I sneaked out of work today for a couple hours to head over to the Comic book show at the Rose Quarter, and walked out with some good stuff to study. I'm sure I probably ended up being a bit of a nuisance, as I found a few artists that I really like and picked their brains as long as they would have me. They were all very helpful and very nice. Not to mention, patient. :)

Special thanks to Mathew Clark, Steve Lieber, Gene Ha and Jason Metcalf for the time and advice. Tomorrow, I plan on picking up the pens they all suggested. The only artist who varied from the recommended pens was Metcalf, who apparently uses an ink well. Then again, he's brilliant.

I also brought home a few comic books that I am very excited about. :) I think the first read will be Enemies Among Us, but I have a soft spot for Batman.

Moreover, I left inspired and couldn't wait to get back to work. Here are a few of my inking sketches. My favorite right now is this drawing, which I inked today and was originally a quick streetcar sketch of a woman that looks like she is in desperate need of a few more hours sleep and a day off.



It's all very messy, but right now, I'm trying to work out where I'm actually most comfortable with my pens so I can see the flow the comic will have. Until I'm done with these tests, all my pages are still just in pencil.




























No comments:

Post a Comment