Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Spilled Ink

A mistake on my part resulted in us losing thousands of dollars worth of ink for our printer. A sad day, indeed, but we quickly found a use for it. The trouble is that all the ink mixed together; magenta with black with yellow with cyan) so there was no saving them for any printing purposes as they were all contaminated with eachother. So we poured it all into this bottle for my own experimental uses. Being that it's the same ink I use to print on canvas, I'm sure I can use it on the excess canvas we always have laying around. The final color looks a bit like dark blood, and is admittedly a bit creepy.



For now, I decided to try it with a few brushes on a character sketch page of Kara. I've been told to try to use brushes for inking. I've been using a micron pen brush, but it dies out pretty quickly. It looks like I need to go pick up some more precise (smaller and better shaped) brushes and play with this more. I can also see a lot of texture I can get from this that could bring some nice dark depth to some of the later scenes.






No comments:

Post a Comment