Monday, February 1, 2010

Issue One

I'm happy to say that Issue 1 of "Teenager's Guide To Surviving The Zombie Apocalypse" is finished! I'm just going to show a little snippet here, because soon, the website will be up where you can see the whole thing for yourself at your leisure.
This was the first time I've drawn a comic book. For years, I've read them, and admired them, and re read them, despite the fact that there was probably something much more productive I could be doing at the time. So this was, needless to say, very exciting for me.

It was also nerveracking. As I said, this was my first, and I was nervous. Generally, I am a traditional artist; drawing or painting one image to tell a whole story, and I take a fairly long time working on just that one image. Here, I was telling a story with 12 pages with about 5 images each to tell the story. It was a new media for me, and it took a while to figure out how the media worked. I in no way have it all figured out after just this one issue, but I have a good idea, and once finishing the comic book, I am swelling with new ideas every day.

From the very beginning, I wanted to draw the comic book in two tone black and white. However, we decided to go with color, calling on the talents of my husband, Tab, to bring it to life for us. Due to time crunches and heavy work loads in our company (things Tab needed to do), we eventually sided against color, which was disapointing, because Tab's coloring is really fantastic. But I was also excited, because now I got to draw the comic how I had originally imagined it.



I want to tell you all about what's coming in the comic and what it's all about, but I have a track record of ruining the story by saying too much, so I won't... but damn do I want to!

Instead, I'll just post the link once the site is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment